With an increased number of organizations incorporating online fundraising auctions into their fundraising repertoire, maximizing this fundraising strategy in 2010 is paramount. Here are the Top 10 Online Fundraising Auction Tips for 2010.
1. Market Your Online Auction – Use multiple communications channels to market your online auction. Make sure to incorporate email, social media, and local radio and television stations into helping market your online auction.
2. Solicit Sponsorships – The revenue generated from sponsorships is exempt from any fees and can help offset expenses for your online auction. Remember that you can give back to your sponsors by putting their name and logo in front of desirable supporters, on your auction home page and in your emails.
3. Find The Right People – List the job functions required for your online auction, then enlist help from people with skills that match your requirements.
4. Creative and Informative Item Descriptions – Make sure your item names are descriptive, but also intriguing and interesting. Remember to also include detailed descriptions that include all terms and conditions.
5. Set Reasonable Starting Bids – Inflating opening bids and values will not result in higher bids or revenue if they are unreasonable. It is generally best to start the bidding at approximately one-third of the actual item value.
6. Stagger The Addition of New Items – Instead of listing all of your auction items when the online auction opens, try staggering the addition of new items. This encourages return visits to the auction site, and also allows you to stagger opening and closing dates.
7. Promote Your Online Auction – Throughout the duration of your online auction make sure to constantly promote your auction to supporters, donors, and members through email and social media platforms.
8. Solicit Specific Auction Items – Tell people what auction items you are looking for and the approximate value range desired.
9. Use Reserve Prices on Key Items – Make sure to set reserve prices on any items that are purchased or on consignment so you don’t lose money. Also, always set reserve prices on any items that a donor requires cannot be sold for less than a certain amount.
10. Recognize Donors – Show your appreciation to donors by providing recognition and links on items that they have donated.
Sadly, many organizations will lose fundraising revenue by not incorporating these online fundraising auction tips this year.
Embroidered and screen printed hats come in different sizes. Youth or kids sized hats are different in size form adult-sized promotional hats and caps. These custom printed clothes should be considered into fundraisers along with stadium seats, eco-friendly water bottles and other promotional fundraisers items.
Youth sized sweatshirts can be screen printed, embroidered or a combination of the two imprinting methods. This youth outerwear is available as a crewneck, hooded pullover or zip up sweatshirt. Printed youth dress clothes and embroidered youth dress shirts come in many colors and sizes.
Churches can raise money from christian-designed t-shirts and youth hoodies. Create a contest for the design of the the t-shirts or sweatshirts. customized clothing fundraisers include eco-friendly apparel and environmental friendly shirts. Full color designs and photographics can now be imprinted onto t-shirts and sweatshirts. Some other promotional t-shirts to consider are: tank tops, pocket tee shirts and ringer tee shirts. Henley t-shirts and long sleeve t-shirts are very popular. Hanes Beefy T t-shirts are made of 100% ringspun cotton. Fabrics that help to wick moisture are in high demand.
Light weight 3-season promotional warm up jackets, promotional athletic jackets and custom printed coaches jackets can be embroidered and a good choice for companies to give their employees as well as schools to use for sports events and spirit wear.
Rainwear jackets, especially promotional rain jackets that have reflective qualities, are a smart safety apparel jacket for children and adults alike.
Custom embroidered stadium blankets, polar fleece blankets and stadium blankets which are lightweight, should also be considered for fundraising. Promotional stadium throws are very popular and a good fundraiser promotional item. Promotional boys polo shirts that come in youth sizes, offer a professional look and come in many colors. Private schools often have dress codes that require youth dress shirts with the school crest embroidered on the shirt. Many of these embroidered school crests can be sewn onto adult clothing like polo shirts and jackets and sold to alumni and parents.
Any fundraiser that you choose will have pros and cons. Before you choose a school fundraiser, learn about the benefits and problems of each choice so that you can find the best fundraising option for your school. Knowing about potential problems will also help you to better plan your fundraiser and to avoid many common problems before they occur. This article will discuss the problems and benefits associated with a candy bar fundraiser so that you can decide if this is a good fundraising option for your school.
Candy Bar Fundraising Advantages
Your school will find that candy bar fundraisers have many advantages. It is a profitable fundraising choice perfect for almost any school or organization. Candy bar fundraisers are great for sports teams, clubs, organizations and school groups. This type of fundraiser is generally seen on high school and college campuses.
Huge Profit Potential
Candy bar sales are a profitable choice for any school, but work especially well for small groups. Many schools earn profits as high as 50% per sale with this fundraising choice.
Great for Small Groups
Small groups often have trouble finding fundraising options since many school fundraisers require a large minimum order. Your school or organization can host a candy bar fundraiser by purchasing a case or two of candy, which isn’t too much candy for even the smallest organization. This means that any size organization can participate in this fundraising type.
Easy to Sell
Candy bars are very inexpensive which means that potential buyers will be easy to find.Most people have a spare dollar or two that they can use to purchase candy bars and support your school. Since candy is so affordable you will have lots of willing buyers.
Great for Students
Candy bar school fundraisers are also popular with students. Most students would rather sell candy than catalog items. Students enjoy being able to buy and sell candy at school. Letting students participate in the candy selection process will make this popular fundraising choice even more popular.
Cons of Candy Bar Sales
Candy bar fundraisers are a great fundraising choice, but they do have a few disadvantages. Continue reading to learn more about a few of disadvantages to selling candy bars.
Money Required Up Front
Most fundraising companies require that you pay for your candy bars before you receive them and start to sell. This means that your school will have to make an initial investment before the fundraiser can start. Also if your school doesn’t sell as much as expected you may be left with extra product that you have already paid for and that cannot be returned.
Candy May Be Lost or Damaged
If you aren’t careful your candy may be lost or damaged. During the warm summer months you will need to protect your candy from melting.You will also need to protect your candy from being lost or stolen. As you plan a candy bar school fundraiser think about potential problems like these and find solutions so that you can sell all of your candy. Collecting fundraising earnings regularly and holding product for your students will help to protect them from product loss.
Candy bar fundraising is a great school fundraising choice. Students and teachers alike will appreciate this school fundraising option. Understanding the pros and cons will help you to decide if this fundraiser will work for your school.